What do we know about the effect of stress on our Immune system and our brain?
The cells of the immune system that are involved in protecting the body against both infectious disease and foreign invaders, are our white blood cells. But it is known that STRESS decreases our white blood cells.
As a consequence, when we are stressed the immune system’s ability to fight off antigens is reduced. That is why we are more susceptible to infections and viruses. The stress hormone corticosteroid suppresses our immune system.
In addition, high stress levels can cause depression, trouble sleeping, cognitive problems and increased inflammation. High levels of inflammation point to an over-worked, over-tired immune system.
Fear, anxiety, worry about yourself or your family members, anger, frustration, irritability… all these emotions affect us. Psychologists in the field of “Psychoneuroimmunology” have shown that our state of mind affects our state of health.
However, scientific research has shown the evidence of the effectiveness of Neurofeedback on stress related disorders.
We want to be part of the solution and contribute to our community.
Release your stress without leaving your home.
We are making available a stress release package of 1 NeuroElectrical assessment + 4 days of entrainments (up to 96 hours), for only $398. Enjoy this brain training from the comfort of your home. Book your complimentary appointment now!
Tips to respond to stress
- Positive Thinking! Make the effort to stay healthy, with good nutrition, exercises, taking vitamins and supplements and more importantly avoiding stress.
- In this unknown situation create a sense of control, by creating a routine.
- To find solutions, strategies… you need to sleep. Go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, create a relaxing sleep environment.
- Create a specific list of tasks you need to do. This will help reduce mind chatter.
- You have internet, in today’s world we can reach out for help. Look for support without getting out of the house.
- Stay connected with your friends and loved ones via Zoom, Skype, Viber, WhatsApp, Facetime without taking a car or plane.
- Stress has no limits, changing our attitude toward stress is essential. As Dr. Ressler said rather than striving for no stress, strive for healthier responses to stress.
by Marie-Laure Wagner-Hunsaker for InnerOptimal, Inc.
- Harvard Health Publishing, Harvard Medical School, August 2018 “Protect your brain from stress”.
- American Psychology Association “Stress weakens the Immune system”. March, 2020.
- US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, “Neurofeedback Training content for treatment of stress” publication December 2029.
- Dr.Bruce Lipton, Message from March 10, 2020.
At InnerOptimal, Inc. we provide help to alleviate pain and suffering using cutting-edge tools and a deep and compassionate understanding of human behavior. We provide an alternative and natural method to support the healing process our clients.